Passionate about learning and training? Excited about new learning technologies and the possibilities they offer?
Join our dynamic team!
Department: Project delivery, Content & Story Boarding
Reports to: Content Manager Date Reviewed: July 2018
The content writer will be responsible for producing high-quality content for several eLearning courses on Sustainable Investing. This position requires the ability to synthesize the research material provided, write, and edit content (narrative format). A meticulous eye for quality and precision is essential.
Ideally, the right candidate has experience in eLearning. He or she has strong writing and editing skills and is capable of producing quality content targeted at a specific market in a consistent style and tone. He or she is also detail-oriented, analytical, has exceptional time management skills and is able to meet tight deadlines.
Main Responsibilities / Duties:
- Collect, analyse data in order to write high-quality content on a various topics through the lens of sustainable investing (i.e.: client demographics and trends, behavior finance perspectives on sustainable investing, portfolio implementation strategies, client questionnaires, performance assessment, etc.);
- Understand the product landscape (equity, fixed income, thematic, high impact) and the project needs in relation to course content;
- Write content and adapt to meet the selected delivery method and audience all while ensuring a consistent voice and tone throughout;
- Collaborate with the team members to find creative ways to adapt content in order to engage the targeted learner;
- Ensure learning content is properly structured, sequenced, maintains exceptional quality, and adheres to the standards of the established style guide;
- Ensure that all copyrights have been cleared prior to using or publishing any content;
- Deliver material within the estimated time, follow production schedule, and document progress throughout the project lifecycle;
Qualifications / Skills Required:
- Excellent writing skills: capable of writing clear, concise, polished content;
- Good knowledge of sustainable investing;
- Excellent communication skills – an ideal candidate boasts excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Ability to interact professionally with clients at all levels;
- Strong attention to detail in order to ensure the quality of the product;
- Proven team player and ability to work well within a multidisciplinary team
- Demonstrates proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite;
Knowledge of e-learning, user experience and various LMS Rapid development tools;
- Bachelors degree in Communications, Journalism, Education or other pertinent field;
- Instructional Design/ Educational Technology is an asset.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience required;
- Experience creating, editing and manipulating content.
- Bilingual – English (advanced level) and French (intermediate level).
Haven’t found a position that matches what you’re looking for? Send us your resume so you are considered once the next opportunity arises.
Why work with us?
Absolutely, if more than one job fits with your expectations and your interests, you can apply to all at once. However, we recommend you apply for the jobs that truly match your profile.
After the internal and external postings, we check all CVs. The external selected candidates are contacted by phone for a 15-minutes phone interview. This first contact with the candidate is mainly conducted through open-ended questions related to your professional background, as well as general questions about yourself (location, salary expectations, availability for an interview, etc.). After passing the phone interview, the selected candidates get contacted for an in-person interview and, if required, a technical test. Upon passing the final interview, professional references may be requested and the job offer is finally presented to the selected candidate.
The recruitment process can be extended depending on the quantity of applications we receive. However, only selected candidates will be notified. Please be aware that if we do not see a suitable match between your qualifications and our open positions, we will keep your information on file in the event of future positions becoming available.
Yes, if you want to do a spontaneous candidacy, please send us your resume at HR@knowledgeone.ca or apply through our website.
Sure, here are just a few tips:
Pay attention to your resume:
- This is the first presentation of yourself that we will see, so please try to have it as updated as possible,
- Keep it short! Highlight your achievements and align your skills and experience with the job description,
- Tell us about your previous work experience: years, function, background.
We work in the learning business, so learn about us!
- Do your search about our mission, vision & values. Do they match with yours?
- All question during the recruitment process are welcomed so think about things you would like to ask us!
Have fun and good luck!
- We are a fun and diverse team, so put your best smile forward and let’s meet!