We identify or develop the LMS that best fits your need
Broadly speaking, an LMS is a combination of an application and a database – generally web-based – that organizations use to manage, track and report learning activities as a whole.
The LMS database contains the skills that each person needs to develop, the courses, the modules, and the sequence they are expected to follow to attain a desired level of competence. It also stores the grades they’ve earned.
LMSs are used to:
- Deliver content
- Manage training calendars and sequences
- Identify individual learning and training goals
- Assesses individual progress and performances, as well as skill gaps
- Manage training and learning resources such facilities, equipment and instructors
LMSs also support the management of:
- Individual Development Plans (IDPs)
- Compliance and Certification activities
- Skills and Skill Gaps
An LMS can also include:
- Competency management
- Performance management
- Employee appraisals
- Skills-gap analyses
LMSs, they are a’changing
Under the pressure of emerging technologies and learning techniques, LMSs have evolved.
In other words, monitoring can take on all sorts of forms, beyond that of exams that take place in a formal setting.
This raises interesting questions.
- We now have mobile learning: Is it important that your LMS be able to track every page everyone reads?
- Suppose you have someone who was learning on his own through social media by communicating with a number of experts. Should your LMS track this type of activity? Could it add it to the person’s file, as a training, or learning of sorts?
We’ll help you with your LMS needs
We are highly flexible about your LMS needs.
- We can develop solutions for any LMS. This may be necessary if your needs are highly specific.
- Conversely, we can help you find the LMS that is best suited to your goals and budget.
- Our learning methodology is transparent, so if you have a learning program project and you have chosen a specific LMS, we can integrate it within any technology.
- We can work with just about any LMS on the market. There are many of them out there, but we know more than a few of them, and we can develop learning programs that will be managed by just about any LMS on the planet.
- Looking to buy an LMS? We can help you choose the one that is best suited for your context, budget and business goals.
Contact us to see how we can help you find the best LMS for your organization.