Passionate about learning and training? Excited about new learning technologies and the possibilities they offer?
Join our dynamic team!
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to fill the role of Financial/Cost Accountant at KnowledgeOne for a 6 months contract, on a full-time basis. The role is to support the Corporate Controller to provide detailed cost information not supplied by the current accounting systems by applying principles of Cost Accounting. The cost accountant position is accountable for the ongoing analysis of process constraints, target costing projects, margin analysis, and tracing costs back to those activities. In addition, the incumbent of this position will assist in completing the monthly accounting cycle.
Main Responsibilities / Duties:
• Generate monthly financial statements and prepare for monthly reconciliations;
• Produce KPIs through excel dashboards;
• Analyze results, perform variance analysis, identify trends, and make recommendations for improvements;
• Assemble and summarize data to structure sophisticated reports on financial status and risks;
• Provide creative alternatives and recommendations to improve financial performance/tracking thereof;
• Support the controller in the capital budgeting and the master budget;
• Perform month-end closing journal entries such as accruals, allocations, and capitalization of internally developed software & perform various balance sheet reconciliations;
• Perform ad hoc projects.
• Assist the Controller in the reconstruction of the cost structure in the accounting system and the chart of accounts;
• Create and review the controls needed for the accounting reporting systems;
• Work in project accounting and assist in producing productivity reports;
• Variance analysis of actual project costs vs projections and forecasts.
The ideal candidate has the following qualifications and skills:
• Knowledge of QuickBooks software;
• Proficiency with Excel (advanced level);
• Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail;
• Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information;
• Eager to work in project accounting;
• Should be able to work independently (minimum supervision) and be a team player;
• Strong analytical and data gathering skills;
• Good business acumen;
• Self-starter with excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills;
• Comfort dealing with ambiguity and the ability to work independently.
The ideal candidate has the following background:
• Bachelors in accounting or equivalent;
• Experience in the eLearning industry is a strong asset;
• Minimum of 5 years in accounting or related experience required;
• Strong understanding of cost accounting principles;
• Strong financial modeling experience;
• Bilingual – French and English.
Ready for a new challenge? If you are the ideal candidate for this role, please send your résumé at firstname.lastname@example.org. Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Haven’t found a position that matches what you’re looking for? Send us your resume at email@example.com and you will be considered once the next opportunity arises.
The use of the masculine gender in our open positions includes the feminine and is employed solely to facilitate reading.
Why work with us?
Absolutely, if more than one job fits with your expectations and your interests, you can apply to all at once. However, we recommend you apply for the jobs that truly match your profile.
After the internal and external postings, we check all CVs. The external selected candidates are contacted by phone for a 15-minutes phone interview. This first contact with the candidate is mainly conducted through open-ended questions related to your professional background, as well as general questions about yourself (location, salary expectations, availability for an interview, etc.). After passing the phone interview, the selected candidates get contacted for an in-person interview and, if required, a technical test. Upon passing the final interview, professional references may be requested and the job offer is finally presented to the selected candidate.
The recruitment process can be extended depending on the quantity of applications we receive. However, only selected candidates will be notified. Please be aware that if we do not see a suitable match between your qualifications and our open positions, we will keep your information on file in the event of future positions becoming available.
Yes, if you want to do a spontaneous candidacy, please send us your resume at HR@knowledgeone.ca or apply through our website.
Sure, here are just a few tips:
Pay attention to your resume:
- This is the first presentation of yourself that we will see, so please try to have it as updated as possible,
- Keep it short! Highlight your achievements and align your skills and experience with the job description,
- Tell us about your previous work experience: years, function, background.
We work in the learning business, so learn about us!
- Do your search about our mission, vision & values. Do they match with yours?
- All question during the recruitment process are welcomed so think about things you would like to ask us!
Have fun and good luck!
- We are a fun and diverse team, so put your best smile forward and let’s meet!