Reporting to the Director, Course Development, the Interactive Developer makes the e-learning vision and strategy come to life through the creation and integration of digital material such as images, graphics, interactive components, games and animations.
- Working in an agile team-centric environment, the Interactive Developer integrates digital elements (sound files, images, illustrations, logos, videos, interactive elements and animations) using rapid authoring tools for self-directed eLearning;
- Programs and integrates course interfaces into web pages using best practices;
- Implements best practices into the project team;
- Delivers material within the estimated time, follows production schedules and documents progress;
- Reviews output for quality control purposes;
- Resolves questions and issues regarding content integration.
- Creativity, innovation, problem-solving and research abilities;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Team player and ability to work independently with minimum supervision;
- Proficient in e-learning development authoring tools and technologies;
- Knowledgeable about web development techniques and delivery strategies (ex: responsive design);
- Good knowledge of UX/UI principles and delivery for multiple devices and platforms;
- Knowledge of e-learning standards (AICC, SCORM, xAPI) and systems (LMS);
- Useful Software Skills:
- Rapid authoring tools such as iSpring, Storyline;
- HTML (HTML/CSS);
- MS PowerPoint
- MS Office
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Animate, Premiere, etc.) or equivalent
- Audacity or equivalent
- College degree (DEC) in multimedia development, web design or programming;
- UX/UI certification is an asset.
- Internship experience as a multimedia or web developer in an eLearning environment.
- Bilingual (Intermediate level of English and French).