Looking for a new challenge? We are looking for an organized and autonomous candidate, to join our team for a two (2) year mandate. The incumbent of this newly created position will have the responsibility of performing the analysis of the IT environment, making recommendations and carrying out migration projects (if applicable).
The IT Solutions Architect will coordinate the various specialists who monitor several information systems (IS) to ensure their proper operation. The IT Solutions Architect’s capabilities are not purely technical, as he/she will be responsible to transform the IS into a development and strategic tool.
Beyond purely technical skills, the IT Solutions Architect requires excellent knowledge of the various functions within an organization, helping to recommend continuous improvements.
Main Responsibilities / Duties:
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Analyze the current system (operating systems, hardware, software, networks);
• Map and define the technological and global vision of information systems;
• Select the relevant technologies while observing the various constraints (cost, time frame and security);
• Develop an application development, acquisition, or integration plan;
• Pilot deployment and be accountable for implementing end-to-end solutions;
• Inform and advise management on the technological and organizational impacts of any new IS requirements;
• Help define and influence future IT architecture direction and decisions;
• Interact with the different stakeholders to understand business needs;
• Diagnose problem situations and contribute to solving complex problems.
Here’s the profile of the perfect candidate:
• Have an excellent understanding of the business model and how the company is managed: emphasis on assessing the various applications, software and hardware;
• Have a system, technological and global vision of information systems;
• Possess advanced knowledge of data integration, security integration and infrastructure;
• Possess leading-edge technological skills (hardware, software, security, network, infrastructure, telecommunications, Internet). Thorough understanding of the concepts, technology and solutions related to a modern ecosystem: domain architecture, microservices, API, streaming, Cloud technologies, real-time dataflow, access security, PaaS, etc;
• Have experience in leading complex projects;
• Analytical skills and ability to see the big picture;
• Good communication and teamwork skills.
Other skills (assets)
• Negotiation and persuasion skills;
• High degree of curiosity about new technologies;
• Natural leader, influencer, innovator and communicator.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent business experience in Computer Science or related field;
• Professional Certification in Project Management is an asset.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in IT;
• Minimum of 5 years experience in application or solutions architecture roles;
• Experience leading an infrastructure migration to the cloud:
o Leading cultural change for cloud adoption
o Developing and coordinating cloud architecture
o Developing a cloud strategy and coordinating the adaptation process
o Selecting cloud providers and vetting third-party services
o Oversee governance and mitigate risk
o Manage budgets and estimating costs
• Bilingual (Advanced level)
Why work with us?
• Flexible hours, 35 hours a week;
• Complete insurance plan;
• Employee Assistance Program (EAP);
• Dialogue Telehealth Virtual Service;
• Company-matched pension plan;
• Personal and sick day banks;
• Working from home for the moment and the office located downtown, across the street from Guy metro station when the deconfinement will be authorized,
• Dynamic and fun team stimulated by our company values: diversity, creativity, teamwork, work-life balance and fun!
Come and join the team!
Ready for this new challenge? If you are the ideal candidate for the position, please send your CV and presentation letter at firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that only the pre-selected candidates will be called for the first step which is a telephone interview.